First, let me assure you that I am not trying here to give a bad reputation to PCSoft development tools, REALLY not... I just want to list some problems that I ran into and possible ways around them. I think it's much better to be aware of a potential pitfall and work around it than just fall in it unaware... But then again, it may be just me :-)
I work all the time with these tools, have been for about 20 years, and do not plan on changing anytime soon...
But nothing is perfect, and there are some problems you need to be aware of before it's too late.
All the problems listed here have been double check by me and were the subject of an exchange with PCSoft technical support. They are listed here only when no solution was found. The reason why there is no solution, as stated by PCSoft, is also listed here.
Explanations (...read more...)
The information below is the result of a back and forth with the technical support regarding what I consider a bug, and what they seem to consider normal behavior.
If you use an AJAX table on an AWP page, and the user clicks on the sort icon for ANY column, the sort order is correct on the browser side, but is completely IGNORED on the server side...
So if you try to later use tableselect to get the current line in SERVER code, you will get an incorrect value (in fact, you will get the line index from before the sort)...
The reason? AWP mode means no context on the server, so the sort operation done on the browser is not known by the server...OK
And there seem to be NO solution other than not using the sort or not using the AWP mode...
So in short: if you are in WebDev AWP, use and AJAX table, and leave the sort option on the column active, do NOT expect that the line currently selected will be known in SERVER code.
This problem was found in WebDev 18-63c... Please let me know if/when it is corrected.
WebDev AWP - AJAX Table - Column Sort (...read more...)
This problem happens in version 18-63c, and unfortunately, it seems that it will CONTINUE to happen... I found what is for me a HUGE bug, and what is for PCSOft a limitation NOT DESCRIBED anywhere in the help. So here goes...
The short version first: Parameters sent, in WebDev, to an awp page as INT on 8 can suddenly have incorrect values on the browser side...
Why is that a huge bug? In order to use the built in replication, you need to have your records automatic ID declared as INT on 8... Which means that you cannot currently use the built in replication with a webdev awp site if you need to pass a record ID as parameter (which is kind of a basis behavior) and maybe classic and php site too, but I haven't tested)...
How to test and see the beautiful effect:
- create an empty project, type awp
- create an empty page (awp also)
- in that page, add the 3 following lines:
1. In the global declaration of the page:
PROCEDURE PAGE_NoName2Loop(i8ID is int on 8=0)
2. In the Init of page (server)
info("Server init code: "+i8ID)
3. in the Load (browser) section
Info("Browser Load code: "+i8ID)
then test the page with the simple GO button, and enter as a parameter the following value:
187462334489315337 (please do not laugh, this is a REAL life value of an ID generated by HFCS 63c when an automatic replication has been set up)...
You will see the first info (in server code) displaying the correct value, and the second displaying instead 187462334489315330 (ie the same one, except for the last digit replaced by ZERO)
Please let me know if/when this problem is corrected/mitigated in any way.
Int on 8 vs WebDev vs Replication (...read more...)
WinDev, WebDev and WinDev Mobile consulting
Create an account!
Shortcut to a web page in your setup
WebDev development philosophy
How to rename a project
Android JAVA imports
Mobile: emulator vs hardware
Native access setup problem
About the site
DPS par DataTale
Enter your user credentials below
I forgot my password
Create an account, it's free!
Message in the cell