So... Why did I need a new web site? Several reasons come to mind, and each one of them was enough... Let's have a look:
- First, the new website will allow me to update things much more easily, be more reactive, as it is entirely dynamic. All of it's content is in a Database, and it includes online tools allowing me to add, edit and delete things on each and every page in real time.
- Second, I want it to be a demonstration of my capabilities. For years, I have been working on websites for my customers, but mine was remaining outdated. So I finally took the bull by the horns, and here we are. I will try to add more and more functions to my web site, and I'll keep this dedicated page explaining what they are, and what they do... So you can see if any of these functions is interesting for you.
- finally, I was really sick and tired of the old one :-)
Why a new site (...read more...)
- This website is partly intended as a demonstration of capabilities.
- It will be use to experiment on different development techniques, so there may be things not always working perfectly.
- It will always be a work in progress, our customers business having priority on ours.
Generalities (...read more...)
- Fully dynamic content, in a HyperFile SQL DataBase
- Fully dynamic menu, made with looper, cells and some code
- Private UI to enter new menu items, new content, news, etc
- Users right management allowing both Users and Owner to have different experiences, depending on their rights
- URL management optimized for SEO (full AWP, no /PROJECT_AWP/ in the URL, etc)
- Session management allowing complete statistics for the website owner, but also many added functionnalities for the users
- Auto hiding menu for more real estate
- Multi-language UI
- Multi-language content (with content different from language to language, ie NOT a simple translation, added language)... This allows different content to be published for each language, as if each language was a completely different website.
- Customisable UI, allowing shared/customisable web site: the same deployed web site can be used for as many different URLs as desired, with different contents, look, and languages. By example, datatale.org and fabriceharari.eu are two URLs pointing to the same web site on the same server
- and this will not stop here...
As time permit, more detailed articles will be published on each of these feature, explaining both the why and the how.
So, what's up? (...read more...)
WinDev, WebDev and WinDev Mobile consulting
Create an account!
About the site
DPS par DataTale
Enter your user credentials below
I forgot my password
Create an account, it's free!
Message in the cell